Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Done...Done...and Not Done


I finished hand stitching the binding on the latest two cuddle quilts that I made for the Guild at around 7:30 last night but it was already too dim to take any photos. I really like the way they both turned out but I especially like the yellow backing on this one and I love the striped binding.

So cute....I am sure the recipient will really like it too. I am glad I got them done and I will deliver them to the Guild meeting tonight. I really do enjoy making quilts for charity and I love that the recipients receive something that will hopefully warm their hearts as well as their bodies.

I didn't achieve my goal of finishing the round robin quilt that I posted about the other day but I was able to get the fabric washed that I snagged from my sister's stash and I did get some of the piecing done. Unfortunately I didn't get it all done in time for my husband to deliver to my sister yesterday but that's not really a problem because I will probably be going to Toronto again next week and I can deliver it then. I did make good progress and I don't think it will take too much more time to finish up.

I am planning on spending a good part of my day in my sewing room today. Hopefully, I will get as much accomplished as I have planned but you know how that goes. There are just way too many distractions and detours to be taken!

4 comments:

audrey said...

Congrats on your finishes! Great striped binding. I need to think about using stripes for my binding occasionally.:)

Jo said...

Well done on your finishes.
Always makes you feel good

belarmina said...

me gusta el final de este edredón!!!
la persona que lo reciba sera muy feliz cuando se arrope.
precioso round robin
saludos

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on 2 wonderful finishes! Wishing you continued success on your Round Robin project.