Saturday, March 1, 2014

Design Wall

I have been continuing my work on the new quilt that I have just started and it is just so much fun to work on. It only uses rectangles - light and dark - in the design and it is simply simple! I just love how quickly it is coming together and I love the way it looks on my design wall. It has such an old-fashioned, warm and homey look to it that I find so comforting.

Today, before I start making any more blocks I am going to dig through my 2" and 3.5" strip bins and pull out all sorts of dark and light strips and cut them down to 2" x 3.5" rectangles so that I can add more variety to the top. My rectangles bin is still very, very full but it is a lot of the same old, same old!

6 comments:

canuckquilter said...

This is a great way to use up some of the scraps. It does look cozy and homey.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is like a giant jigsaw puzzle to construct... so fun!

belarmina said...

que simpático y alegre!!!
me gusta
buen fin de semana

audrey said...

I am loving this quilt!

Deb A said...

I love your quilt! that looks like such a great scrap busting quilt block. Love it.

Linda said...

I'm loving this scrappy quilt. Thanks for showing this and telling the strip sizes. Great idea to use up your scraps. Have fun with it!