Joyfully sharing my quilting journey and other bits and pieces that make up daily life.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Over the past couple days I have been stitching away chain piecing all of the rectangles into segments to make the blocks for my latest quilt. I need a total of 168 blocks for the quilt and I already have 30 blocks completed. I am now on the home stretch to finish the rest of them. I just need to finish sewing the two final strips to each block and I don't think that will take too much time as long as I sew them in the correct orientation. ;)
In my photo I don't think it looks like there are enough pieces made to make a whole quilt but there are enough parts to make a quilt 72" x 84" without borders.
I have used up a ton of rectangles from my scrap bin but I also cut a whole ton more from my strip bins, just to make sure I had some variety, so now my rectangle bin is overflowing again...hee...hee. So far, these blocks have used 1344 scrappy rectangles - now that is what I call stash-busting!