Monday, February 24, 2014

Winding Ways in Pink and Brown

 
I was feeling like I needed a bit of a change so I pulled out my bin that contains all of the parts that I have cut for the pink and brown Winding Ways quilt that I am making for my niece Kim. I made up a few more blocks but I really expected to get more done than I did. It has been so long since I have made any new blocks that I have forgotten how long it takes me to make just one.

I did spend quite a bit of time pinning, pinning and more pinning so that I would just be able to get to sewing but even with that preparation I didn't get too many completely finished.




I do have several more sections almost complete - enough for five more blocks. They just need the center section added to finish them up but I have had enough fiddly sewing and will just work on them a bit at a time as the mood strikes.

I haven't counted the finished blocks recently but I think with these latest six done I should now have at least 31 blocks completed....still a very long way to go before I have enough for a quilt.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Another pretty quilt to be.......they do look like they require a bit of work.......and pinning takes time.

Prima Donna said...

I love the combo of pink and brown. Very pretty.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Are you switching the colors on half the blocks. I always thought that is what makes the illusion of circles in a winding ways quilts. I have always wanted to make one, so I am wondering.

belarmina said...

me gusta !!!
esos colores da sensación de descanso
saludos

canuckquilter said...

Winding Ways is such a pretty block, but it does look like it has fussy sewing. A few blocks at a time sounds like a good way to proceed!

Audrey--Quilty Folk said...

It always seems to take longer than we hope doesn't it? These are looking great! Just a few at a time and eventually you'll have your stack complete!

Alison said...

Beautiful!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Gorgeous blocks and really beautiful fabrics too!
This quilt will be such a treasure once it's finished.