Saturday, February 1, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday

Last night I had intended on making some blocks from my pink scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge but I got home a bit later in the evening and I just didn't have it in me to do any sewing. So I spent some time in my sewing room this morning making a few things for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

From my pink scraps, I managed to make two bird blocks and some pink and cream hsts.

I had already made the remaining two blue sampler blocks a couple days ago and I took a photo of all of the blocks together. I think they all look pretty good together.








Even though I have been using scraps for the sampler blocks not all of the pieces get used up and there are bits and pieces left over. I have a ton of small scraps that need to be used so I also made some blue crumb blocks that will finish at 3". These crumb pieces just seem to multiply when I am not looking and they just keep accumulating. I know that once they get turned into usable pieces I will eventually use them so making crumb blocks will be part of my goal for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I am linking up at soscrappy's - pop on over to see lots of wonderful inspiration for using up your scraps.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Your birds are adorable. Very pretty blue blocks.

Jo said...

Join your crumbs together to make a placemat or 2

Sheila said...

Great blocks! Love the pink birds. I look forward to seeing how your crumb blocks come together.

scraphappy said...

What a great blue collection. I'm sure those 3 inch crumb blocks will be useful for something. You just never know when you will want to put something together quickly.

Nell's Quilts said...

Aren't crumbs fun! .Just love those little bird blocks

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your little pink birds...too cute! Your blue sampler blocks look wonderful. I am really looking forward to see this quilt come together. Love the blue crumb blocks, they can make such beautiful quilts. Like your Blue Eyes quilt it is very simple and uses just a few blue crumb blocks but the quilt turned out so gorgeous! Love sis

make.share.give said...

Cute little birdies! Love the crumb blocks.

Alycia said...

Great Great Blue Blocks!!!

Gina said...

Love all your blocks xx

Cathy said...

Just catching up on all the RSC posts. There are so many this year. Oh, your pink birds are just too cute. And if those crumb blocks are just 3 inches those must have been some teeny tiny crumbs. Isn't it fun to make something from almost nothing?