Friday, January 3, 2014

Starburst QAL - Block 8

Oh these blocks are just so pretty! This is the second last block in the QAL and I am starting to think about how I want my finished quilt to look. I have all of the blocks I have made so far on my design wall and I have been playing around with the layout and tossing around border ideas. I am so close to finishing the blocks - just four more of block 9 and then I am done. I hope that I can come to a decision on the layout very quickly.

Little Bunny Quilts is hosting this QAL and if you finish at least one of each block before January 15 they will also provide the setting directions for free.

Oh my goodness....it is freezing out this morning!!! The current temp is -28 C or -18.4 F. Molly and Peanut are not happy to go outside at all even with their sweaters/coats on. When they are outside I can see that this really cold weather is hurting the bottoms of their paws. I guess it doesn't help that the whole backyard is covered in layers of snow and ice.

10 comments:

Grit said...

Wonderful. Your blocks are really wonderful.

Debra said...

spectacular!

scraphappy said...

So beautiful! What a fun quilt along this has been. Looking forward to seeing them all together in the finished quilt.
It is even cold here, I got halfway around the block on my morning walk and headed back in to the warmth. Will it be spring soon?

Deb A said...

I love how the little srtip of solid on the triangle edge really makes the block shine. That is going to be one very pretty quilt.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Great job! These stars seem particularly beautiful. Really nice pattern. So happy for you, only one more set to go. Love sis

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
so beautiful, you did a great job und used wonderful fabrics.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

belarmina said...

unos pocos días sin podre visitar tu blog, y cuantas cosas me pierdo, intentare recuperar el tiempo perdido, cuando terminemos con todas las fiestas el día 6
saludos

Manuela said...

Your blocks are so beautiful.
I like your colours and fabrics.

Greetings, Manuela

Cathy said...

Gorgeous. Beautiful. Awesome.

make.share.give said...

These are amazing! So detailed.