Saturday, January 4, 2014

ScrapHappy Saturday

As a participant in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, this is the first of many ScrapHappy Saturday posts that will appear on my blog in 2014. A new year always does feel like a new beginning and this year, in addition to some of the blocks I have already been making and collecting, I will be participating in Angela's 6" Rainbow Sampler. I have made the first two blocks that she has posted. I also made a sweet bird block and the instructions to make it can be found here.

Hop on over to soscrappy's and check out the rest of the links. There are many projects being shown that just might inspire you to use up some of your scraps. This is going to be a great year and I plan on using up plenty of scraps!

14 comments:

soscrappy said...

I am so happy you are making sampler blocks too! It is great fun seeing other people doing the same blocks. Lovely little birdie. I can already imagine a rainbow colored flock of him and his friends.

Cathy said...

Looks like you are off to a good start on those scraps. You know I love the bird!

Sheila said...

Beautiful blue fabrics and blocks!
I'm glad Angela is doing the 6.5" sampler blocks this year. Sweet bird block. Looks difficult to make.

Quilter Kathy said...

Amen to that! Me too!

Pumlans flitiga fingrar said...

Nice bird you have there! Your blue blocks look great as well!

Valerie Reynolds said...

I'm new to your blog...so it's nice to visit. I too am doing the RSC...so be looking forward to a "colorful" year together!

Elly D said...

Great blocks to start Ellen :) I'm looking forward to watching your progress. Love the little bird block! Thank you for posting the link :D

madebymyself said...

Great project start. Have fun.

Grit said...

Wonderful blocks.

Angie said...

So much fun already and it's only Jan. 4th! Love the bird block!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Birds way too cute!

Jo said...

Wow well done.
Cute bird

Karen said...

Very pretty cardinal bird block. I like the 6" blocks. I still want to make them too.

sophie said...

I am SO tempted by Angela's six-inch blocks–of course, I would add the set of six inch blocks we made for the Block lotto a few years ago ... and, of course, I love your little blue bird ;-)