Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oh No....


Look at what I did - when I joined the blocks together I sewed two sashed edges together!  :(

I was feeling really good about my plan to make my Seven Sisters quilts a top priority and I started working on joining my blocks together first thing yesterday morning and grrrrr. I was so happy that I had made a plan and was implementing it right away .... and then I was not very happy with myself at all. I know we all make mistakes but I had to pick out all of that hand stitching and redo it.

This looks much better now! There are twelve blocks in the quilt and I will work on sewing the second half of the quilt top together over the next day or two.

7 comments:

Donna Minter said...

I think all of us quilters have the frogging technique down pat. Rip it, rip it, rip it! LOL

canuckquilter said...

I had a visit with my seam ripper as well yesterday. No matter how careful I think I'm being, there's always at least one oops per project! Your Seven Sisters quilt seems to be coming along quickly. You'll be ready to start quilting this one in no time.

audrey said...

So frustrating! It definitely looks better the second time around.:)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sounds like something I would do! I have a quilt with a block turned the wrong way and didn't notice it until after it was hand quilted. LOL

scraphappy said...

Frog stitching is even more frustrating in hand sewing than by machine. Glad you got it fixed.

Scrapatches said...

I love the Seven Sisters pattern. It looks wonderful in your colors and fabrics. Sorry you had to pick and sew again, but the result looks well worth the effort ... :) Pat

Gina said...

I've done that loads of times. It's extremely annoying