Thursday, January 16, 2014

Love It!

I got the blocks sewn together and I love it! It so surprising to me that a minor change to a simple star block can make such a huge difference in the overall look of the top. I just love the secondary design that those little corner strips make. I like it so much that I may need to make a full sized quilt using this block design. I think it would be really fun to explore different colour placement too - like changing up the colour in the hst blocks that look like satellites around the center square.

When I sewed the blocks together I did have a few minor mismatches but I don't need perfection...I am very happy with the way it looks. I had hoped to put the borders on yesterday as well but my eldest son has come home for a visit so I have been spending time with him instead of in my sewing room - I do have my priorities :).

9 comments:

laurajane said...

It's really lovely,love the colours.xx

canuckquilter said...

Yes yes yes! I love it too! The secondary designs add so much to this quilt. You had enough of the paw print yellow too...happy dance :)

audrey said...

Really great looking! Love the colors you chose!

Angie said...

Looks great - the blue really makes it pop!

Quilter Kathy said...

It would be a great rainbow scrap challenge block too!

Cath said...

Oh my goodness....that was quick. I might have to get a wriggle on with my quilts or you will make me look bad :) Love the finished quilt.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I really like this, that color blue was perfect as an underlying design. It really makes your eye go around the quilt and those little I spy centers are darling for a child's quilt. You sure got that pieced quickly!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving this quilt!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--nice color selections