Friday, January 17, 2014

Inspired

Angela from soscrappy recently showed her midget block quilt on her blog. She decided to do some custom quilting on it and she also included some ruler work. It looks just fabulous and she has inspired me to get going and to try to do some custom quilting too.

I have been holding onto this quilt top that I made for my husband waiting for the day when I will know how to do custom ruler work. Well, let me tell you that ain't gonna happen because I actually have to do it to learn. So, I have decided that I am just going to go for it.

When I bought my machine I knew there was an extender base included and I remembered there were some heart templates because one was broken. I pulled out the box and when I looked in I found all of these rulers plus an Applique Helper ruler. I didn't know what those small round pieces were but after some on-line research I discovered that they belong to a vertical thread holder that was also included in the box.

I have a couple small quilts that need to go on the frame first and then I will be jumping in with both feet on my husband's quilt. In the meantime, I will be gathering my courage!

5 comments:

Donna Minter said...

I feel sure that you are up for the challenge. When you made your first quilt, it was a learning process. With each new technique there is still a learning curve. Go for it!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Ellen, as they say practice makes perfect. I have the same issues, I will never get better if I don't try. Maybe some inspiration will come my way.

Linda said...

Jumping in is hard but I bet you will do just fine and have a beautiful quilt to show for it. Then the sky's the limit!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Go for it sister! You will do a great job! Can't wait to see the outcome and hear your learning adventure. Love sis

Gina said...

Best of luck.I'm sure you'll be fine and the quilt will turn out great xx