Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Thought Today Was Friday #%@

I seemed to have lost a day - yesterday I kept thinking it was Thursday and that today was Friday. It wasn't until late in the day my husband let me know that we were expecting snow for today and that I might want to reconsider my planned trip to Toronto. What....that was planned for Saturday....thinking ....thinking.

I had planned on making my Rainbow Sampler blocks today but instead I worked on them last night and got them all done. I only needed to make 3 for the sampler and they didn't take too long and I think they turned out pretty well. It was really bugging me that the blocks I made last week were really low contrast so I did dig around for the light blues. I think I like them much better! The other blocks I had planned to make will wait for another day.

We did get snow overnight and it is snowing now but we are expecting only 1-3 cm over the next 24 hr period. I won't be in too much of a rush to leave home and maybe the traffic on the main roads will keep the roads clear.

I am linking up with soscrappy's ScrapHappy Saturday. Pop on over and check out the links of the other participants in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

16 comments:

Connie said...

Wonderful blocks and it seems like I lose days all the time :)

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
your new blocks are so beautiful. Since I'm re-tired I lose days, but it doesn't mater.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

Deb A said...

Love your blocks. The lighter blue really adds that contrast we all love.
I am off on day's too - I kept thinking yesterday was Saturday since I worked yesterday and normally don't. (Swapped with hubby so I could have today off.)
Safe travels if you decide to go out.

Sherry said...

Great blocks, I love the blue choices.

soscrappy said...

So glad you got to make some blocks even though you lost a day somewhere, I hate it when that happens! The contrast is beautiful.

Terri said...

Love the new lighter fabrics. Contrast is my favorite thing in quilts - give them a pop!
Hugs

KatieQ said...

It's snowing here in NY today too. I like your blocks. The background fabrics provide just the right amount of contrast.

Linda said...

Your blocks turned out just great! I never know what day it is since I stopped working.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love your blue blocks. I had that happen last week, finally had to look at a calendar. Not sure if that is good or bad??

Karen said...

I know what you mean about not sure what day it is. So I think every day should be SEW day. Very pretty blue blocks.

katie z. said...

Your blocks are beautiful!

Marly Rylaars said...

You've made some beautiful blocks. I love the fabrics. I too had problems with contrast in the first couple I made.

Jo said...

Ha ha
I always lose days

Cathy said...

The more I see of those tic tac toe blocks the more I think I will have to try some.

It snowed here yesterday in Iowa and roads were very slick and the winds were blowing. Thank goodness it was my day off.

I forget my age most of the time but I haven't forgotten what day it is yet!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great looking blocks! My first blocks are kind of muddled too and I pulled a few light fat quarters into the mix to brighten this weeks up from my stash.

Alycia said...

Great blocks! Sorry about it not being Friday lol