Monday, January 27, 2014

Hi Ho...Hi Ho....


It's on and off the frame we go! I got all of the quilt parts for my Boy's Britches quilt loaded onto the frame on Friday night and then I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt it. Did I want to do a pantograph or free-hand? Did I want to try something new or use a design that I am well practiced with? Decisions, decisions. I am pretty sure I could have left it sitting on the frame for days while I went back and forth trying to decide what to do but that was not going to happen.

No more dithering for me! Very early on Saturday morning I took the bull by the horns so to speak and made a decision to do a free hand loopy- loop design and I love it. I knew I wanted the quilting to be fun and free just like the quilt top and I love how it looks. I really do love quilting that design and it always looks so good. It makes me happy just looking at it!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Loopy loops is a most happy quilting design. I've done it, but often forget about doing it again. Like you, it makes me smile when I see it on any quilt.

Deb A said...

Your loopy loops look great! Congrats on getting that pretty quilt quilted.

audrey said...

A very nice design for your quilt!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just love your loopy loops. This design always turns out to be so fun and feels like freedom as it wanders all over the quilt. Great job! Love sis

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looks terrific!

Cath said...

Good choice for the quilting. Glad you didn't procrastinate too much this time.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs