Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fun in the Jungle

Today I am happy about two things in particular. The first thing is that I have finished adding the borders to the baby quilt I was working on and have also finished the quilting - yippee! The second thing is that I have finally come up with a name for this quilt that is for my soon-to-be great nephew..other than just calling it 'the baby quilt'.

I will show more pictures of this quilt when it is finished but I do want to give a little peak at the quilting I did on it. I did a free hand feathery type thing and I think it turned out pretty good.

This morning, I need to give the quilt a good trimming and then I will machine stitch the binding to the front. Later today I will be spending lots of time admiring it while I hand stitch the binding to the back.

I am linking up at Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching.


14 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

The large feathers look great, Ellen. Do you have a long arm or did you do this on a domestic machine? Your color choices on this quilt are absolutely wonderful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations!!!
ENjoy your binding today!

soscrappy said...

The big feathery quilting looks great! What a fun quilt this turned into!

Linda said...

So Cute! Baby nephew will just love it for sure. Good job on the feathers.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

that's one lucky little baby! :)

Cathy said...

Oh, that turned out so cute. Great theme for a boy. I have to get a baby quilt made before June. My niece is due in June.

What size did you make your quilt?

Deb A said...

Your quilting looks great Ellen. Such a cheerful quilt. Enjoy the binding.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a cute zoo print and I like the setting - very sweet quilt.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What fun!

audrey said...

Congrats on your good progress! This is such a cute quilt.:)

Valerie Reynolds said...

I don't know about you...but I hate the "border" stage of a quilt..lol!!
Great work...oh and I love your blue s for the RSC!!!:) SMILES!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The feather pattern on this quilt is beautiful and mimics some of the pattern of the trees. Love this little beauty! Love sis

genie said...

what an adorable quilt. I love the fabrics. That baby is going to be so happy with his cozy quilt. Like the feathers pattern. Have a good time with your binding. Happy Quilting. genie

Nell's Quilts said...

Love what you did with the jungle themed fabric.