Thursday, January 9, 2014

Celtic Solstice Progress

It didn't take me too long to finish sewing the remaining blocks together - I only had a few left to do.

I quickly moved onto joining the blocks and now have a finished quilt center. I needed to pay close attention to the orientation of the blocks to keep my green and orange chains aligned correctly. Hopefully nothing slipped passed - I think it looks pretty good!

Now that I have the center assembled I need to take a step back and think about what I want to do. I am making the smaller version of Bonnie Hunter's design and that is fine for a double size bed but I don't really want a square quilt. I could potentially add an extra border of some sort top and bottom but I could also make another row of blocks. I am going to have to think about it for a bit before I make my decision.

11 comments:

Terry said...

It's beautiful Ellen! :0)

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
wonderful, great, gorgeous!!!!
The choice of colors are beautiful, it looks like a little bit of spring.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha

Sheila said...

It's beautiful! Waiting to see what you do to make your Celtic Solstice longer as I'd rather have not have a square quilt either.

Prima Donna said...

Square quilts just don't seem to work well for full size beds. You've done an awesome job on this one!

Deb A said...

Wow! It is looking great! I can't wait to get back to making my units so I can put mine together. I'm with you on the double size - so I'll see what you come up with and may copy it!

Julianne said...

Ellen, I felt the same way when I got the smaller size top completed! I dont like square quilts so much either. I opted to make two more rows so that its not square! LOL! Yours is beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Totally gorgeous! Love everything about this quilt. The colours are wonderful and the patterns it creates are simply divine. It is going to be one of my favorites. Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

It looks fantastic!
I find that as I have accumulated more quilts, I take longer at this stage to decide exactly what bed the quilt will be for, what size it needs to be, and what to do about borders.
The down side is that if I take too long to decide, the quilt starts the slippery slope to the UFO closet! LOL

Cath said...

It is a stunning quilt which I hope to get around to making myself....one day!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Michelle said...

It looks great Ellen........
Well done ! I can't believe how quick people are putting them together.

Jo said...

This is such a nice quilt.
I think I like the idea of a rectangular size quilt