Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Celtic Solstice - Building Blocks


As I worked on sewing the pieces of this quilt into blocks and I placed them onto my design wall something started happening. This quilt has started to grow on me and I really like the way it looks now. I guess I just needed to see the bigger picture.

When I put this block up on my design wall I happened to notice this....

Upper right 4 patch is rotated
Just a few more blocks to sew together and then I can start sewing them into a top but I really must double check to make sure all of the four patches are set in the correct orientation. It really is so easy to get things turned around and with such scrappy blocks it doesn't always jump out at you right away!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Just such summery colours

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your version of this quilt is turning out really great!
I look forward to seeing the finished top.

Sheila said...

It's really a beautiful quilt. Love your fabrics. I've had to stay focused to piece this one, too.

audrey said...

It's a really great design. Bonnie has her ways of making it come together! Yours is really starting to shine!

Terri said...

I would have said it was the bottom left... the greens aren't in the same position as the greens in the other 3 corners. Any way you sew it, your blocks are gorgeous!
Hugs