Thursday, January 23, 2014

Boy's Britches is Back

The last time I posted about this quilt was in early December and I really have not had the opportunity to work on it since then. I have several quilt projects on the go that really are so close to being finished and it is time to move forward and get them done.

I have a plan for the borders that I am fairly confident will work for me and yesterday I picked up where I had left off.

I now have enough of the checkerboard pieces made to use for the two side borders. One of those borders is already pieced into a long strip and the other is still in sections. I still need to cut and sew enough pieces to make the top and bottom border and I will continue with that today.

I think this quilt is going to be so pretty and I can't wait to get the top finished and turned into a quilt - and out of my sewing room!

14 comments:

Jo said...

That's a cool quilt. It's so bright

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
that will be a great quilt. I love the top and the border very much. Well done.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha

Deb A said...

I was looking at my saved patterns on the computer last night and came across this one. I though of you! I'm trying to move one of my RSC projects along to the finish too. Too many projects open right now.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree this is going to be stunning. I always love the combination of bright bold colors with black. Looking forward to see this one finished.

Linda said...

Oh my Ellen, that's going to be a wonderful quilt. I made that block once and I must say that your blocks are much nicer than mine. haha

Quilter Kathy said...

This is one of my all time favorite scrappy quilts! I'm so glad it is now in the sewing pile!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I love popping quilts! This is wonderful.

Sheila said...

This is going to to be an GREAT quilt. On of those quilts one sees at a quilt show.
I understand what you mean about toooo many projects going on at the same time. That's where I'm at now. I'll feel better if I hurry a few on to completion.

audrey said...

It's kind of fun to go back to a quilt after you've had a break from it for awhile. Your border is going to make it very special.:)

canuckquilter said...

These blocks are so fun together and the checkerboard will be a great border. I'm so glad it has percolated to the top of your sewing list.

Grit said...

These quilt looks so , so fantastic so far. I love this pattern and the fabrics you used. Great idea with the border.
Greetings Grit

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your choice for the border. I am looking forward to seeing it when done. This Boy Britches quilt is so pretty and bright. Love it! sis

Cath said...

wow Ellen, that is a visually stunning quilt and I think the borders are going to give it an extra WOW (if that is possible)
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

scraphappy said...

I remember this one! What a nice quilt it will be. I think your border will be wonderful.