Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blue Seven Sisters

It has been so long since I have worked on this quilt top that I really don't remember any of the necessary details and who knows where my notes are....I certainly don't!. Boy does time fly, the last time I worked on it was March 2012.

Each block has been hand pieced and with each quilt that I make I can see the improvement in my stitching and piecing.

I do know that I need to continue cutting and adding sashing strips but now I need to measure the ones I have already added because those details have been lost to time. I showed these photos on my blog way back in 2012 and nothing has changed since then. The pieces have been sitting in a pile in my sewing room waiting for me to finish up the the yellow paisley Seven Sisters quilt.

You will be seeing this quilt on my blog for the next while as I hand stitch the sashing and the borders to complete the flimsy. As soon as I finish turning this into a flimsy it will become my next hand quilting project...I am excited!!

I am linking up with other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching.

16 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Gorgeous! There's nothing like stars and a blue & white quilt ... and you've combined the two into a spectacular quilt!

Deb A said...

Beautiful! I love this one in the blues. Enjoy those last stitches on the yellow so you can get to work on this pretty one next. Do you have another one started for the next sister?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Is this quilt number two out of three? I love the blue, did you chose specific colors for each sister? I have a cheap composition book that I keep in my sewing room to write down notes on when making my quilts. It comes in handy when working on several projects I don't remember what or why I did something.

Sheila said...

Such lovely hand work. It's beautiful.

belarmina said...

esta colcha sera muy bonita !!!
me gusta, aunque los azules no son mi color,
todas las colchas y almohadones que hice para Antonio son en azul, para el si es su color favorito
saludos

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Beautiful and I think that blue and white are great winter-y colors..it reminds me of snow on the ground with sunny blue skies..a nice color combo to work on in the winter :)

Manuela said...

Beautiful Seven Sisters Blocks.
I like the sashing.

Greetings, Manuela

canuckquilter said...

Beautiful in blue too! What colour was your first one? Is there a past blog post about that one that I can drool over as well? :)

Prima Donna said...

Is this quilt number 3? I love how each quilt has it's own personality, even though it's the same pattern. Kind like sisters, huh? Looking forward to watching this one come to life.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your block is as beautiful from the back as the front! You do such a lovely job of hand piecing.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

genie said...

I have never seen this pattern but it is a lovely one. I especially like your choice of the blue. It is going to be so nice when you finish. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress. I can tell from the pictures that it is beautiful already.

Cathy said...

Oh! Another Seven Sisters to watch grow into a quilt for a lucky sister. Are you waiting until all are finished to give them to your sisters?

Sharon said...

I love your blue stars!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful Seven Sister's blocks in blues! They are so special - all hand stitched. I look forward to following your journey toward completion like your paisley version!

Denise :) said...

Ellen, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the blue you've used -- and your hand piecing is gorgeous!! :)

Jo said...

Wow.
What a block & quilt.

What do you mean by flimsy?