Friday, January 10, 2014

Baby Quilt

main fabric
Way back in November I talked about needing to make two baby quilts for new twigs that would be added to our family tree. Both babies are due in February and there was a baby shower for one of them in early December.

backing fabric

I was feeling a bit panicked at the time because I had chosen the fabric for both baby quilts but I wasn't sure which quilt would be for which baby. I was feeling the pressure to make both quilts - quickly. Thankfully, my indecision lifted and I was finally able to get on with making one quilt in time for the shower.
fussy cut from main fabric

Time has flown by and now I really do need to get on with making the second baby quilt. We do know that this little bundle of joy will be a boy and I think the fabric I have chosen will be perfect. My first thought was that I would make churn dash blocks with a fussy cut center but I keep changing my mind. I am still fussy cutting the center for the blocks (4") but I have not yet committed to a block design. I think I will do a few test blocks and then take it from there.




4 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great fabric! Can't wait to see what you decide. You could almost pick out any color and use a solid to really set off this fabric.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it when that indecision lifts!

Deb A said...

Great fabrics! It will be a beautiful quilt no matter what decisions you make.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love this fabric! It will make a lovely boy baby quilt. Looking forward to seeing this little beauty. Love sis