|Some of the t-shirts prepped and ready to be used.|
I had purchased 2.5 m of lightweight fusible interfacing to back the pieces of t-shirt fabric but I don't have quite enough. I am going to have to make a trip to the fabric store today to get a bit more. This is the first time that I have used this product and following the application instructions was quite easy. I think the ones I have done turned out great.
Once I finish preparing the fabric pieces I need to spend some time practicing machine applique. Zackie's name will be included on the quilt top and I had the letters cut out of his flannel Elmo blanket. I need to do some trials first because this will be my first attempt at machine applique so I also had some extra pieces cut from scraps. This will be today's challenge.... master machine applique....okay... maybe not master it but at least try to do it reasonably well. :)