Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Starburst QAL - Block Six

Wow - these stars look like they are spinning!
This block design was another challenging one for me but Oh My they all turned out so good! I see in the photo that the block on the top left looks like it has a stain but it doesn't. I had spritzed it with water to press it flat with the iron and it was still a bit wet in spots when I snapped the photo - oops.

I showed someone the blocks that I have made so far and they were asking me what I was going to border and/or sash the quilt with. Sashing instructions will be provided but I think I do have options other than plain white - I could potentially use the solid red or solid blue instead. There are nine different blocks in the QAL and I can't wait to see how the rest of the blocks look.

Pop on over to Little Bunny Quilts so you can join in - it's not too late - just imagine these beautiful blocks in the fabrics of your choice. All of the block patterns are being provided for free for a limited time. I am so glad I joined in with the QAL because I am going to end up with a gorgeous quilt!!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh Ellen, this is so lovely--and your colors are wonderful. Beautiful work, hugs, Julierose

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen
So beautiful! Definitely a dark border would make them all pop out. Love sis

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous collection!

audrey said...

These are turning out so beautiful! I love it when projects just keep getting better and better.:)

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! This collection is stunning! I am really enjoying following your progress on this quilt!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous quilt, indeed!

Alison said...

Absolutely gorgeous!