Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Starburst QAL - Block Five



I am quite happy with the way my blocks have turned out especially when I consider that it almost broke my brain to make them!

Two options were given for the B blocks in this pattern (the outer corners) and I decided to go with the first option even though that block contains a very funky seam line. The first block I made I decided that I would cut that section away from the piecing pattern so I would have two sections to paper piece and then sew the two sections together. Well, it worked out okay but was a bit messy to figure out the alignment and then there was also the annoyance factor.

I just kept looking at the block trying to figure out a better way and after looking at the block for a while I finally got the 'aha' moment. I just needed to renumber the pattern and piece it in a different order. It was totally smooth sailing from there!

I am linking up with Little Bunny Quilts - pop on over to see other renditions of this wonderful star block. The paper piecing patterns are being offered free for a set time after which they will need to be purchased.

9 comments:

Terry said...

Wow! Those are beautiful blocks! :0)

Michelle said...

Love those blocks.....!!

soscrappy said...

The right order is so important in paper piecing. Glad you got your block figured out. What a fun collection they make!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

Prima Donna said...

I love your colors. Really makes these stars shine. Very nice!

Grit said...

These blocks are so wonderful.

Manuela said...

Your blocks looks so fantastic.

Greetings, Manuela

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your stars look fantastic! They are really coming together now. This will be one beautiful quilt. Love sis

belarmina said...

preciosos bloques !!!!
saludos