Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Starburst QAL - Block 7



I had not made any of these blocks for a couple weeks and I had forgotten how long they actually take for me to make them. I started these four yesterday and then finally finished them up today.

I had some accidental design changes on a couple of the blocks but, really, I can live with it and I won't be redoing them. Some of them turned out pretty funky looking but because I am using the same few fabrics to create the blocks they will all mix in together and it will just give some wonderful variety.

All of the blocks for the QAL, hosted by Little Bunny Quilts, have already been released...I did fall behind a bit but will soon be on track. There are two more blocks in the QAL that I still need to make (I am making four of each) and I have already printed the instructions and they are waiting for me. If things go according to plan I will have them made over the next few days and then I will need to think about layout and borders. I am loving it so far!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll say it again.....I love these blocks..!!!

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks look so beautiful together! Great work!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Me too..I can't wait to see this one all together.

Manuela said...

Beautiful blocks.
Happy New Year, Manuela.

Prima Donna said...

As my friend says, those "mistakes" will make your project unique. Love these blocks.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Wow! Your star blocks are looking amazing. Really looking forward to seeing the borders on this one. Great Job Ellen! Love sis

Alison said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product!