Sunday, December 8, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

still need to finish the binding
Last week I had two quilts that needed binding and I decided to work on the one that was closest to being finished - who can resist the reward of a finished quilt! I showed this picture last week of my Seven Sisters quilt and not much has changed except its position on the couch. So today and throughout this week, I will be working on the binding for my paisley Seven Sisters quilt. This series of Seven Sisters quilts that I am making are absolutely long term projects and there really is no need to rush through the process although it would be really nice if I can finish this one before Christmas :).

As we get closer to Christmas the time seems to be flying by much quicker than normal and things are just becoming more and more hectic. As each day passes it seems that even though I am crossing items off my list of 'things to do', my list just continues to grow instead of shrink. I think it will be a perfect end to each day to do a bit of hand stitching on the binding to wind down each evening!

What will you be working on? Pop on over to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching to link up.

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoy your slow stitching today Ellen... it will make everything easier this week when you have some relaxing sewing to re-energize you!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Can't wait to get my fabric so I can do my binding. I usually have it way before I finish quilting but somehow I just couldn't decide on this one. It will be nice to have it done completely!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Binding - seeing the end in sight and having a quilt finished and ready to cuddle in - bliss!

audrey said...

I'm with you on the wind down at the end of the day! Great to have a quilt so close to a finish--always a good feeling.:)

Ivani said...

Sure, this time seems to run faster each day. You will get the binding done soon just stitching a bit each day. Have a great week.