Sunday, December 1, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday - Binding

I haven't made much progress since this photo was taken!
The past couple of days have been quite busy and I just haven't had any time to actually sit and sew for two days. Today I plan to change that and I will be working on hand stitching some binding this morning. I have two quilts that are in the binding stage and I really can't wait to finish them up.


I can see my quilting much better in this photo!
I am still sewing the binding to the front of my yellow paisley Seven Sisters quilt and I am anxious to get that finished so I can move onto stitching it to the back .... but ..... I am just about half way on finishing the binding on my sister Kathlene's quilt. I don't think I will have time to work on both because I do have a baby shower to go to today so somehow I am going to have to make a decision on which one will get some attention.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday - pop on by and check out the other links!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Love that paisley binding! Hope you find some time to stitch today.

Jill @ I Rather Quilt said...

Pretty fabric for binding. I also find it difficult to find the time to sew. Today we need to do some Christmas decorating but I need to do some cross stitch for a gift exchange.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

It's hard at the very end when you just wish that you were done! I know ! :)

Deb A said...

I'd flip a coin =) Lucky you to have two bindings to work on.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love getting to the binding stage ... and seeing all the work come together to create a completed quilt! Hope you get at least one finished today ... maybe two??

Prima Donna said...

Stitching the binding is my favorite part because I know the quilt will finally be finished. But, then, I have never hand-stitched a binding to the front of the quilt. I have only done the stitching to the back.
I think I'd start with the once that is nearest to being done.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yumm! What a great decision to have to make today... which quilt will I bind?!? Enjoy!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Both quilts are totally beautiful! So happy for you that its all about the binding for these two quilts. Love the starburst quilting pattern. Great job! Love sis