Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Round Up

Things haven't changed much since I finished the top!
I think I have finally figured out what to do with my Boy's Britches quilt that I have been working on throughout the year. The last time I posted about this quilt I was in a tizzy trying to figure out what to do with the borders. All of the ideas that I had were not working for me and it was driving me crazy. You can read about the insanity here and here.

When my sister Cheryl visited with me a few weeks ago for our mini retreat we tried out a few different options for the border and I now have a plan that hopefully will work out the way I have envisioned it. I am keeping the checkerboard border in the design and I have been spending little bits of time here and there working on cutting and sewing the pieces together. I think that this time my plan will stick and it feels really good to know that I can proceed confidently knowing that it is going to be another wonderful quilt! It would be really good if I can finish this up before the year ends because I do think it needs to be loved and used and not just shoved around my sewing room.

I am linking up with soscrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge - pop on over and check out the other links!


15 comments:

Linda said...

Can't wait to see the end result. So gorgeous!

Prima Donna said...

Oh, I love bright colored scrap quilt. This one is awesome! I've never participated in the scrap challenge, but I just may have to after seeing this quilt.

Prima Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb A said...

I love this one all together. Looking forward to see what the borders will be and how it all ties together.
Your sisters quilt came out great too. You are one talented lady.

Cathy said...

It looks wonderful! Couldn't you have given us just a bit of a visual hint of what the final product would look like? You're keeping us all in suspense. :)

Aunt 'Reen said...

I look forward to seeing the finish of this quilt! It's really beautiful and is sure to become a treasured quilt.

Terri said...

That is a wonderful flimsy! Can't wait to see the finishing touches.
Hugs

scraphappy said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

Candace said...

Wow, it's beautiful, can't wait to see what you have come up with for the borders.

canuckquilter said...

I'd never seen this block. I love the way they all came together in your quilt. I'm eager to see what you decided to do for borders.

audrey said...

Glad you've come up with a solution for your border! It always feels so good to proceed when everything clicks into place.:)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful Ellen!!!! Can't wait to see your border treatment :*)

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks look fabulous together, and I can't wait to see what you decided to do for the border!

Sheila said...

I've enjoyed watching this quilt grow. Can't wait to see the borders.

Lori said...

Me too, I want to see what you're doing!