Friday, December 6, 2013

'Everlasting Joy'

 

I finished the quilt that I was making for my sister Kathlene and I love...love...love it! It is just so pretty...my photos never do my quilts justice! Every time I looked at it I felt joy and happiness so that is how it got it's name - 'Everlasting Joy' - and I do hope it brings joy to my sister every time she looks at it and uses it.

This quilt finished at approx 86" x 96" and I quilted it using the pantograph Starburst and purple thread. I think I love everything about this quilt....even the pieces that I missed points on. Each 10" block contains 53 pieces and I did my best to be accurate but you know oopsies do happen.

I took a closeup picture of the back to show how pretty the quilting looks. The front is just so busy that it is hard to see the quilting in photos.

I wanted to use the flower print for the backing but I didn't have enough so I thought I would use the dark purple instead but I didn't have enough of that either. In the end, I pieced whatever I had together so the back looks a little wonky and definitely unique.
wacky back!
In this photo it looks like there are spots on the fabric but in real life they are not there. Not sure how that happened!

Kathlene is moving to my town next week and I can't wait to give the quilt to her!


10 comments:

belarmina said...

felicidades!!!! para las dos
para ti por el precioso trabajo,
y a tu hermana por ser merecedora de este regalo
saludos

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Beautiful! I think your piecing looks great, what a lucky sister!

Michelle said...

It's beautiful........
I love the (whole) quilt photo it looks great
Your sister will love it.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Congratulations on your finish! Everlasting Joy will be a joy to hold and cuddle in. Love sis

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful quilt! You can feel the joy ;-)

Manuela said...

Congratulation.
It's a wonderful quilt.

Greetings, Manuela

canuckquilter said...

It's a beautiful quilt. I certainly wasn't looking for missed points!

audrey said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish! So much fun to complete a quilt that you've fallen in love with.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous Ellen... it just sparkles!
I'm sure she will love it!
Congrats on a great finish!

soscrappy said...

Beautiful! Wacky backs are the best kind.