Wednesday, December 4, 2013
December Block Lotto Blocks
I got a sneak peak at the blocks and received the instructions early because I had finished last month's basket block before the deadline but I wasn't allowed to post them until after Dec 1. I used white from my stash and strips that I already had in my bins so it didn't take too long to make them. I did start out to make 8 blocks but I can only submit 7 of them because one turned out just a tad too wonky. I think it was because the pink fabric that I took from my strip bin had been cut somewhat crooked.
I am not sure if I will bother to fix this dud block - the seam lines are noticeably crooked but they could be corrected by making an adjustment within the seam so that the pink seam allowance would be a bit narrower than the white and then it would finish straight and to the correct size. For now it will just sit in my scrap bin waiting....
Even though my seam allowance is pretty accurate, my blocks did finish just a hair shorter than the 9.5" but according to the guidelines that is still very acceptable. When I ironed them I did use some spray starch and that helped a lot.