Saturday, December 28, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Step 4

I am on a roll when it comes to getting caught up with this mystery quilt and I am enjoying every moment of it!  After being so busy leading up to Christmas it really does feel good to hang around in my jammies and just sew when the mood strikes. Yesterday, I started working on step 4 and I got all of my 4 patches stitched and pressed.

I am having a bit of trouble with my orange fabrics in that I have used up quite a bit of my smaller scrappier bits and mostly have only larger pieces left and that means not as much variety. Even though orange is one of my favourite colours I do hope that we are nearly finished with it. My game plan with this quilt is to use only fabric from my stash and I really don't want to buy any supplemental fabric.

Look out step 5 - I am coming for you!!

5 comments:

soscrappy said...

It is always so nice to be able to make a quilt from fabric on hand. I hope you are able to find enough variety. I love your four patches-- so bright and happy!

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks! Love your fabrics.
I hope to find some pretty orange fabrics on clearance to add to my stash.

Prima Donna said...

When those orange blocks are spread around, I'm sure your quilt will look great. Love, love a jammie day and I haven't had one this winter...yet.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The colours of this quilt and some of these fabrics look so much like the quilt I made for Kevin. Of course I did rob your stash too! Nice four patches. Thank you. Love sis

Michelle said...

I love your colours too........
I will look forward to seeing it come together.