Monday, December 9, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Step 2


Yesterday while I was reading blogs I saw a couple posts where people have already finished step 2. Wow...that is quick!

I haven't had a lot of time to work on Celtic Solstice since the latest step was released on Friday but, on the positive side, I did get a whole whack of green rectangles cut and they are ready and waiting for the addition of the neutral and yellow squares.

I did dig through my scrap bins and pulled out as many 2" yellow squares that I could find and I certainly need to cut more. There is no problem with quantity when it comes to my neutral 2" squares because I have a couple bins of them ready and waiting. Can a quilter ever have too many neutrals - I think not! I will continue to work on this step over the next week and plan to have it all finished for the release of the next step on Friday.

When we linked up last week I had step 1 partially completed and happily I did manage to get it all finished before step 2 was released.

I am linking up at Quiltville - pop on over and check out the links...it is so much fun to participate in Bonnie's mysteries!




10 comments:

Jo said...

I had a super busy weekend and didn't get clue #2 finished either. I am hoping to work on it and have it finished before Friday.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Those orange and blue triangle in a square blocks are poppin! Excite to see this quilt pattern. Love sis

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Great colors, this quilt is going to be beautiful

Sheila said...

Looking good!! You go girl.
I'm working on Clue 2 today.
Wow. I'm envious of your neutral scraps and stash. I'm in neutral stash building mode these days as I've always opted to buy bright colors instead.

audrey said...

I'm really curious to see where this one ends up. Great colors in yours!

Anonymous said...

I'm very busy and haven't part one finished. I am sewing a few
from each step so I will know what to do. I'm struggling to
find neutrals because some of my neutrals don't look right (lol)
Ciara T

Quilter Kathy said...

Like the variety of greens you are using :)
Enjoy sewing step 2!

Andee said...

Congrats on keeping up!

belarmina said...

me gustan los colores que veo!!!
sera muy guapo
saludos

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looking good already.