Thursday, December 26, 2013

Back In My Sewing Room!

I had great plans to keep up with the Starburst QAL that I am participating in as well as Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery - Celtic Solstice - but sometimes things happen that require a change in plans.

I was asked to make a special memory quilt for Zackie and I only had 2 weeks before Christmas to make it. Just as I was finishing it I caught a very bad head cold and that was really such bad timing!! Needless to say I was a little concerned about how I was going to manage Christmas Eve dinner for us and our guests never mind spend any time in my sewing room. I guess mind over matter and sheer determination won out and I recovered well enough to make the dinner we had planned. I had a ton of work to do because we had decided to have Polish food, perogies, paticzky and cabbage rolls and all are very labour intensive to make but somehow I did it. Even though I am not Polish, it is my husband's and sons' heritage, and my MIL taught me how to make these delicious foods. Thankfully, I did have some help from my husband with the perogies and he baked the Christmas cookies.

Yesterday was a day of leftovers and recovery and I did spend some time in my sewing room - yaayyy! I finished off the second step of Bonnie's mystery and today I plan to work on step 3 and I hope to get back on track quickly.

The last blocks have been released for the Starburst QAL and they really are wonderful. If you are considering making these blocks in the future you really should download the patterns while they are still free. As soon as I get caught up with the mystery I will continue with these blocks until I get them finished too.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Christmas!

7 comments:

Peg said...

Happy Boxing Day - sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas despite the head cold. Good for you getting back in the sewing room. We'll be home in a few days, and I'll be able to get back at it too. In the meantime, enjoying time with our Alberta children.

Deb A said...

Glad you recovered enough to have your wonderful Christmas meal. Sounds like you have recovered well and are making great progress on the mystery. I hope to get some time in the sewing room over the next few days and get some progress made on a couple of projects.

audrey said...

Good that you're feeling better! So great that your husband helped out with the baking and things went well with your dinner.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Happy to hear you are feeling a bit better and got thru all the holiday dinner preparations!

Your blocks are looking very pretty... enjoy some sewing time and pamper yourself just a bit - you deserve it!

soscrappy said...

So glad you were able to get some sewing time. Sounds like you had a very merry Christmas.

canuckquilter said...

Happy Boxing Day. I'm glad you're feeling better. You'll be caught up on those projects in no time.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Looking forward to seeing how these little mystery pieces will be fitting into a block. I like the colours - happy looking. So glad you are feeling better and that you were able to enjoy some sewing time. Love sis