Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Starburst QAL - Block Two


I finished making this second set of blocks on Friday but waited to post about them so that I could link up with Little Bunny Quilts. So far, all of the blocks I have made have been a bit time consuming but I think there are two reasons for that. Firstly, I am making four blocks at a time instead of just one or two, and secondly, I am just not so good with paper-piecing. The difficulty I have is with cutting my fabric pieces and then having them align to fit the reverse of the pattern.Why do I have so much trouble with that? To solve the problem I do cut the fabric pieces larger than I probably need to. In the end I think it is all worth it though because look how gorgeous my blocks are - I totally love them all.

It is not too late to join in - pop on over to Little Bunny Quilts - the paper-piecing patterns for the QAL are free.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

These are lovely; I especially like tha darker maroon against the blues/whites...hugs, Julierose

Julie in GA said...

Those are some seriously beautiful blocks! I will have to check out the QAL.

Alison said...

These look fantastic! :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow Ellen you are sure going to have a wonderful quilt. Love each one.

audrey said...

They are looking so good! Love the colors you're working with!

Manuela said...

They are very beautiful. I like your colors and fabrics.

Greetings, Manuela

Quilter Kathy said...

These really are amazing and beautiful blocks!

scraphappy said...

Your blocks are beautiful! Paper piecing can be fussy, but look at the results.