Friday, November 8, 2013

Starburst QAL - Block One

Yesterday, I worked on some of my Starburst QAL blocks. I have opted to make 4 of each block because I want to make a bed sized quilt instead of a small quilt. If I need even more blocks I will just decide later which ones I will add to. I think my blocks turned out pretty good even though I didn't pay close attention to the instructions - duh. Each star block uses four different fabrics plus the background and I didn't pay attention to that until I cut the pieces for the final block.

The second block was released on Monday and hopefully I will get to it right away. It is not too late to join in - the paper piecing patterns have been offered for free and I think the blocks are really gorgeous.

I am linking up at Little Bunny Quilts - pop on by to check out the other links and see more gorgeous blocks.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your stars look fabulous! Love the colour choices. Great job!

Manuela said...

Your starblocks look great.
I like you colours.

Greetings, Manuela

Alison said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see more of them!

blauraute said...

Great Starburst blocks. Beautiful fabric choice.
Have a nice day
Roswitha

Julierose said...

Your star blocks are simply lovely--great colors...hugs, Julierose

Jane said...

These are beautiful! Well done!

audrey said...

Love the top right one especially! Wonderful job!

Deb A said...

Love your color choices. Your stars look beautiful - I like them with the 3 colors and a background!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your blocks are perfect!!