Monday, November 25, 2013

Starburst QAL - Block Four


I started making a block yesterday but I had a little bit of trouble because the picture I was looking at for placement was reversed. Once that was sorted out it really was all good from there and I finished the rest of the blocks today. Making these blocks is definitely not speed piecing because it has taken me most of the morning to make them but I think it really is worth the time and effort.

These are the second set of asymmetrical blocks that we have made as part of the QAL. I think they turned out well and they make a gorgeous star but I do have a little problem with them in that I prefer symmetry in general. I wouldn't normally choose to do an asymmetrical block but it really is not a bad thing to stretch and try different things because the result can be fantastic.

This time I took a group shot of all the blocks we have made so far and I spread them around instead of clumping like blocks together. I think they are looking good!

Pop on over to Little Bunny Quilts to join  the QAL. It's not too late and the pattern is being offered for free.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

They look great! I am really enjoying this project through you!

Michelle said...

They look great Ellen...!
Nothing beats a red , white and blue quilt.........

scraphappy said...

Oh they are looking good. Sampler quilts have so many possibilities. Beautiful.

belarmina said...

se ve preciosa!!!
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your stars look fantastic! You are going to have one very pretty quilt!
Love sis

Cathy said...

WOW!!!! Those look more like a challenge than a QAL. And they are sooooo beautiful! I like your color choices.