Sunday, November 24, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching


I need to make a lot more of these!
It has been a very busy week around here and I am ready to spend a bit of quiet time doing some knitting. I had been making dishcloths but haven't touched them in a while and I still need to make more to give as little Christmas and hostess gifts.

I did do some slow stitching earlier this week when I hand stitched the binding to the back of the baby quilt that I recently finished. Some quilters do not enjoy stitching the binding but I find it is one of the best parts. I get to hold the quilt and get a good up-close look and spend some quality time with it - how could I not enjoy that!

I also did a small amount of hand applique on this cute basket block that I made for this month's Block Lotto.

I am linking up at Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching - take a few moments and pop on over and check out the other links. You just may be inspired to participate in slow Sunday stitching today.

first major snowfall - Nov 2013
We had a significant snowfall yesterday and my poor dogs are a bit confused trying to find some grass. I tried to clear a path for Molly and Peanut but the snow just kept coming. Molly is a mini-schnauzer and is a bit bigger so she manages quite well but poor little Peanut is a toy poodle and is just so small the depth of the snow overwhelms her..poor thing!

With the bad weather, today is the perfect day to stay inside and cuddle up on the couch and get working on my knitting!


9 comments:

scraphappy said...

OH that snow looks so cold. No wonder the poor dogs were confused. I am right with you on the binding today. Such a nice way to celebrate the finished quilt.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Arn't schnausers the best! I use binding time too as a time to reflect on time making the quilt and what is next. I love knitting dishcloths also.

Deanna W said...

It snowed ALL day here yesterday. Does make you want to stay in and sew but also puts us more in the Christmas spirit with all that white stuff!!!
I have a golden retriever and she is loving the cooler weather and the snow!

Quilter Kathy said...

Tis the season to shovel snow... and quilt!
I enjoy one a lot more than the other! LOL

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your little basket looks really cute! We had the snow too, but it did not pile up as yours did. Happy knitting today Ellen. I prepared binding for my version of boy britches, boys bloomers. I also plan to make a couple flannel receiving blankets. Love sis

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I went to the baby quilt link too..it is wonderful! :)

Deb A said...

Enjoy the knitting today. Stay warm and let those dogs snuggle up and keep warm.

Sheila said...

Like you, I like to knit these cute little dishcloths : )
I miss summer already.

Cathy said...

I think I like the knit dishcloths better than the ones I crochet but I haven't done any knitting since high school 40+ years ago!

Good luck on the block lotto drawing! Cute basket. That may be a fun scrappy project for RSC 2014 also.