Sunday, November 17, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching

I finished quilting my latest Seven Sisters quilt earlier this week and I have since removed all of the basting threads and ironed the quilt to remove the markings that I made to guide my Baptist Fan quilting. The Frixion pen markings have been completely removed but I am still a wee bit nervous about them coming back so I will probably iron it one more time once the binding has been finished.

As you can see, I have trimmed the quilt and made the binding and I am now in the process of hand stitching it to the front of the quilt. I know...call me crazy but I really want to make this series of quilts for my sisters completely by hand. I marked my sewing line 1/4" from the raw edge of the binding and that should help me keep my stitching line nice and somewhat straight. :)  Each stitch I take gets me closer to a finished quilt and there is such simple joy in each stitch.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching - pop on by to check out the other links. You just may be inspired to spend a little bit of time slow stitching!

7 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Such a pretty fabric for the binding! I commend you for going all the way with hand made. I think I would have used a single fold binding as it would be easier to stitch onto the quilt, although the double is so much more durable.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Lovely fabric for the binding!

Deb A said...

So pretty! Thanks for showing how you do the binding by hand. I was curious on the last one you did that way. It is beautiful.

Theresa said...

Love your fabric choice! I won't call you crazy, I think it wonderful you want to do it all by hand.

Quilter Kathy said...

I am so excited for you and hope you enjoy the binding and relaxation which you think of your sister.

Deanna W said...

All by hand...wow!!!Your sisters must be very special!Good for you for not taking the easy way out!

audrey said...

Wow! You are very dedicated! I can see where you're coming from though if everything else is done by hand too!