Sunday, November 3, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

This is what happens when I spend time working on a quilt instead of just letting it languish. My hoop has been moving along the quilt at a break neck speed (well, fast for hand quilting anyway). It is hard to tell how much progress I have made since last week but in the past week I have completed the partial row I was working on as well as another full row and I have begun the last row. I was able to do this by working on it in the mornings as well as the evenings.

I just have to finish quilting this last row and then it is time to move onto the binding. Hand quilting is a slow process and there is no way to rush it other than to actually do it. To tell the truth I am a bit sad that I am almost finished working on this quilt because I have so enjoyed hand piecing the stars together into a quilt top and then hand quilting it.

I won't have time to work on it this morning because my sister is coming and I still need to take care of a few things. Maybe during some quiet time this evening I will be able to add just a  few more stitches.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the close-up of paisley fabric to drool over! Very yummy looking!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I get sad sometimes too, when I get close to finishing. It is hard to have that wonderful journey end. I have a few tops waiting to be quilted now, so I start to think about how I plan to quilt them and that really helps. Your quilt is looking wonderful!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hate to sew binding so in the very end when THAT is done I am never sad :)

scraphappy said...

Glad you are making good progress on your hand quilting. I am sure another project will fill the void when this one is done.

Quilter Kathy said...

Awesome life lesson there... no way to achieve what you want and get it done, except to do the work! Maybe you and your sister could put some stitches in together?!? That would be fun! Thanks for linking up!

Deb A said...

Just think, once this one is done I do believe you have more sisters who need a quilt! Enjoy your sister stitching time.

Linda said...

How nice to be so close to the end. I really have to put a push on with one I have been hand quilting for far too long.

blauraute said...

Enjoy your time with your sister. I love hand quilting, It looks great.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha