Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kathlene's Quilt

I have loaded the quilt I am making for my sister Kathlene on the frame and started quilting it and I can't be happier with the way it looks! I am quilting it with a pantograph called Starburst and it does look so nice on the quilt. Originally, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the quilting with a yellow or purple thread but in the end I decided to go with the purple and I think it is working out just fine.

My sister has sold her house and will be moving to my town mid-December. I really have not had the opportunity to spend much time with her but maybe things will change now that she will be living closer to me.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is such a pretty quilt--your sister will be thrilled I'm sure! hugs, Julierose

canuckquilter said...

Purple and green togetyer are so pretty. I'm sure your sister will be very pleased.

audrey said...

I love working with darker thread--great choice! Fun for your sister to live closer to you. It's so hard to spend enough time together when you don't.

Prima Donna said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Your sister will love it, I'm sure.

belarmina said...

es muy guapo!!! su hermana estar muy feliz con su edredón,
mi hermana no esta cerca de mi, hablamos en el teléfono todos los días, es un gran momento cuando nos contamos lo que sucedió en el día,
y disfruto haciendo cosas para enviarle
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen
Kathlene is going to just fall in love with this beautiful quilt. She loves purple, green, yellow for sure. I remember helping her paint her bedroom yellow. She so does love quilts and I know she will appreciate all that went into making this beauty. I cannot wait to see it when finished. Love sis