Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Guild Baby Quilt

quilting in process
I had a window of opportunity to load up the baby quilt that I am making for the guild Outreach Program onto the frame and get it done - so I did! I was a bit concerned about the size though because the quilt top finished at approx 39" x 52" and the backing was only 44" x 54". There really was very little backing to spare but I did manage to make it work even though I did stress about it a bit.

I quilted it with off-white thread in my usual free hand loopy-loop meander and I think it turned out pretty good even though I probably could have done a better job of checking the underside for tension.

I already have the binding made so once I trim the top it will be ready for binding. I still don't think I will get it all finished in time for the next guild meeting but progress is progress!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

This is so cute. Love your loopy quilting. Looks like fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making amazing progress over there this week!

Deb A said...

You are doing a good job at moving this quilt along. Great job.