Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Getting Ready for Guild Night

I finished the cuddle quilt that I was making for the Guild's Outreach Program and I think it turned out pretty cute. I know that the child that receives it will love it- it is such a fun and bright quilt. I sewed the binding on it yesterday and it just took a couple hours because it really isn't that large.

I didn't think I would have time to finish it this month because I was in a rush to make two family baby quilts by December 1 but in the end I only needed to make one. The other one can wait a little bit and that really took the pressure off.
4 blocks made earlier this month

Tonight is Guild night and I have a few things to hand in - the cuddle quilt, the string blocks that I made earlier in the month and this Delectable Mountain block that is for the Block of the Month draw.

The Guild provided the lighter background fabric and participants were to use a piece of their own Christmas fabric for the mountain. I think it turned really well considering we weren't supposed to use directional fabric .... and I did.

reject pieces
Well that was big mistake and I had to take some of the strips apart and cut more fabric so that all of the stripes went in the same direction. It would be nice to be a winner of some of these blocks - I think the winners will end up with gorgeous Christmas quilts.

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Ohhh. That in Christmas colors would look really neat! Wishing you lots of luck so you win it. Great job on getting your quilt finished before the meeting.

Julierose said...

Nice Cuddle quilt! Stripes are always a trouble zone for me! which way is up?!! Have a great holiday...hugs, julierose

Sheila said...

What a sweet, colorful cuddle quilt! A child will love it. Heavy rain and fear driving home on icy road kept me from my guild's meeting last night :(

Quilter Kathy said...

You have been really productive with lots of participation this month in guild activities...have a great time!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Cuddle quilt is very cute. Your Christmas block is really lovely, the colours are amazing together. I really love the look of string blocks. Hope you enjoyed your evening. Love sis