Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Baby Quilt Progress - It's a Flimsy!

Wow...this Disappearing Four Patch pattern does work up quite quickly.I went from the first sample blocks to these few blocks and then to a finished flimsy in a very short period of time.

I love the way the little red border gives everything a little splash of happy colour and separates the blocks from the border but also ties them together. I am very happy with the way the top turned out but I do have a little problem with the backing. The top turned out a bit bigger than I had anticipated and because I am using fabric from stash I am limited to the quantities that I have.


backing fabric is so cute!
My quilt top is 40" x 48" and the backing is 38" x 44" so I will need to piece my backing. I have decided that adding some red to the back will look pretty good but I don't have enough of the same lot of red solid that I used on the front. I don't think anyone will mind if I use another red that is a different shade - they probably won't even notice!



8 comments:

Sheila said...

I agree. D4P and D9P make up quickly and make wonderful quilts, fast.
Enjoying you Starburst QAL.

Cheryl said...

Oh Ellen it is so beautiful and the fabric is adorable. My little grand baby is going to look so cute all wrapped up in this happy little quilt. I love the name that you picked out for it too! Just so appropriate for a happy baby. Love sis

Peg said...

Adorable!

canuckquilter said...

Very nice! I love that splash of red. And the extra reds in the back will work very well even if they aren't all matched.

audrey said...

Great quilt for a baby! The red is wonderful with it. Enjoying seeing the Starburst blocks come together too.:)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow! You did make that fast. I agree about he thin red border and the backing fabric is adorable! The baby that gets this one is very lucky!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Yay! Flimsy. So cute.

Prima Donna said...

So bright and cheerful! Yellow is one of my favorite colors to put into a quilt. That red is the perfect accent. Nice job!