Friday, November 22, 2013

Baby Quilt is Finished!



I have moved right along with this quilt and I love the way it looks. It is a bright, happy and fun looking quilt and I have decided to name it Sunny Days.  I think the back turned out quite cute too!

I needed to piece the backing by adding some length to the top and bottom but I wanted the patterned fabric to look centered. After thinking about it for a moment or two, I decided to load the quilt back and top sideways on the frame and that allowed me to center the back when I pinned it to the frame. At least that is what I thought I did but after I quilted it and took it off the frame, I realized that one red border was about .5" longer than the other....oh well.

I used yellow thread and quilted it using a free hand  loopy-loop meander. I really like that quilting pattern for a baby quilt and it is really quick and easy. I can't wait to be able to say that about doing double loops! I finished the binding last night and used the same red fabric that I used in the backing. This little cutie finished at approx. 39" x 47".

I was in a bit of a rush to make two baby quilts because we have two new babies due in February and I wasn't sure which baby will get which quilt. I have decided that Cheryl's grand baby will get this quilt which is a good thing because the shower is on Dec 1. I do still need to make the second baby quilt but now I have a bit more time to work on it. Whew....that certainly takes the pressure off!

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's adorable and perfectly named! Congrats on the finish!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

This turned out so cute. Love the red added to the backing! Love that you showed both sides of the quilt.

blauraute said...

What a cute babyquilt. Your name for it is just perfect. The fabric for the back is so beautiful.
Have a nice week-end and take care
Roswitha

audrey said...

It's a great baby quilt! Love how fast and easy they can be. Wonderful for you to have one finished and ready to give!

Cathy said...

Oh, that is a cute one - front and back. And you certainly have a knack for naming your quilts.