Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Little Flimsy for the Guild

I picked up a package of fabric from the Outreach table at the last guild meeting and this is what I made with it. I think the top turned out quite cute and it was so simple to make. The pattern is a Disappearing Nine Patch and the package I received contained enough 5" blocks to make this top plus the backing, binding and batting. I have never made this pattern before and it really is quite simple to do. I didn't time myself but it only took a couple hours to make it so it hasn't been a huge time commitment so far.

I still need to quilt it and bind it which will take a bit more time. I don't know if I will get it all finished before the next meeting but I would think it should definitely be finished for the one after.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Very cute! It will make one child very happy. Nice & bright colours. Love sis

Deb A said...

So pretty! I think I will have to add that pattern to my 'to do' list.

Michelle said...

A very pretty quilt to be....!!
I love it Ellen....

belarmina said...

esta muy guapo, pesare en hacerlo en algĂșn momento, me gusta
saludos

scraphappy said...

What a pretty quilt. Sometimes the simplest patterns make the nicest quilts. Someone is sure to love getting this quilt.

Jane said...

Ellen, the quilt is lovely-glad you enjoyed doing this pattern. It will be a lovely addition to our Outreach donations!

Jane& Fran