Thursday, October 31, 2013

Starburst QAL

I will be using a solid white for the background fabric. I still need to add a couple more fabrics.
Yesterday, I joined up with the Starburst QAL and it is all BillieBee's fault. I certainly cannot be blamed for wanting to participate because the star blocks are just so darn wonderful.

The first block was posted on Monday but I haven't made mine yet because I have only just chosen the fabrics that I want to use. I woke up really early - 2:30 am early - and I started looking through my fabrics and decided on the primary ones but I didn't have enough secondary options. I needed a consult with my sister Cheryl but she had the nerve to be sleeping. :) I know she checks her email shortly after she wakes so I started sending them to her at around 7 am. I was just so excited about this project and I wanted to know if I would be able to shop her stash for just the right fabric.

After much jibber jabbering consultation by phone I think we have figured out what she has in her stash that will supplement what I already have. She is going to be visiting me early next week for a little sewing retreat at my place and she will bring more solid red, a complementary blue fabric and more of the red background with squares. We both bought the same red with squares fabric some time ago but I used almost all of mine and I really do have just a scrap left. I am really looking forward to her visit and the fabrics she will be bringing with her!

It's not too late....you can join in the fun too!

5 comments:

blauraute said...

I love the fabrics you've choosen for the Starburst QAL. I think some solids were beautiful.
You've finished so many blocks in the last month, they are all gorgeous.
Thank you so much for your nice comments.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

Alison said...

I can't wait to see what your finished blocks look like!

Quilter Kathy said...

That looks like so much fun!
Your sister has some nerve to be sleeping when you need her for a consultation! LOL

audrey said...

I love a good red/white/blue quilt! This should be a fun one for you!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really love this fabric colour combination! Star quilt is totally amazing. Looking forward to our little sewing retreat! Love you. Sis