Sunday, October 27, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

Small progress.
The last time I posted about my Seven Sisters quilt I am pretty sure that I said I was hoping to have
it all finished by the end of the month. Well, it doesn't appear that it will happen because...... if you want to finish a project you actually have to work on it! There is a difference between slow stitching and stitching so slowly that you don't get anything finished.

I really can't say that I haven't worked on it all because I have been but I keep leaving it to work on in the evenings and you know what happens then. I pick it up and do a small amount of stitching but by then I am too tired and end up going to bed instead. The hoop is moving along but very slowly so I think I am going to have to switch things around for the next while and work on it in the mornings until I get it finished.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts - Slow Stitching Sunday.

11 comments:

Deb A said...

I have the same problem.... too tired by the time the kiddo's get to bed. I really need to get my apple quilt finished. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

The same thing happens to me. I find I get much more done in the early morning. Of course, then I have to force myself to stop and get routine things done around the house.

soscrappy said...

I have the same problem when I hand quilt in the evening. Slow stitching turns into no stitching!

debra @ frugal little bungalow said...

The quilt that I am working on was to be for my son's birthday in August. Now it is for Christmas :)

Cathy said...

Slow progress is better than no progress!

I always plan on doing a lot of stitching each evening but by the time I get home from working a 10 hour day I barely even feel like eating! I do force myself to at least work on some kind of hand work for at least 15 minutes and before I know it an hour has passed. I do rotate the handwork projects so I don't get bored with the same one each evening.

Kindred Quilts said...

After working all day, sometimes my intentions to hand stitch at night get derailed by tiredness. Ahhh... retirement! Where art thou???

audrey said...

There are seasons.:) You'll get to it eventually!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

We have all the time in the world! It gets done when we can get to it. Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

I think that even a few relaxing stitches is better than none! This lovely quilt is being worked on... not sitting in a closet somewhere... that's good.
Thanks for linking up and sharing your slow progress!

canuckquilter said...

It is nice to know we're all in the same boat :) My hand quilting project is also progressing more slowly than planned, also because of running out of steam in the evening. Your quilt will be lovely when it is done though, and plugging away even a little at a time will get it done.

Jeanne said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Keep stitching. You'll reach the end eventually. It's a beautiful quilt.