Sunday, October 13, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

Whenever I just need to sit down and do some slow stitching I have been working on quilting my yellow paisley Seven Sisters quilt. I have been making slow but steady progress and I am now beginning to see the end - just look at that bottom edge. I have just over 2.5 rows left to quilt and I am getting really excited to see it finished. It just may drive me to do some marathon slow stitching over the next week or so. My quilt is approximately 74" wide and I am quilting it rather densely with Baptist Fans so I hope I am not being too optimistic in thinking that I can have it completely finished by the end of the month. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have so many other projects that I want to work on as well!

Today I will be making pumpkin pies and doing as much prep work as I can for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I also need to do some cleaning and laundry but I will still make sure I take time to do some hand quilting today.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts - Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to see other hand work projects - you just may be inspired to do some Slow Sunday Stitching yourself!

9 comments:

laurajane said...

I can't believe you are quilting it by hand.What an achievement .Looking wonderful so far.xx

Missy Shay said...

I love Baptist fans and really want to do a quilt with that one day. Your quilt looks great!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making great progress on your stars! Way to go! Happy Thanksgiving!

Prima Donna said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Enjoy your hand stitching! I've never seen a hoop that shape before.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

A perfect way to quilt your quilt. Keep at it and before you know it you will be finished! Happy Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie sounds good!

jan said...

I love love your quilt. baptist fans will look terrific. I can't wait to see the finish. have fun.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

audrey said...

You are making good progress! I tend to kick in a little extra time too when I'm nearing the end.:)

canuckquilter said...

I love your quilt. Seven Sisters in on my "someday" list. I also tend to have a few marathon quilting sessions when the end is in sight. Here's to your soon-to-be-finish!