Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rainbow Quilt in Progress


I have been making nine patch blocks over the past 2 years or so while participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela of soscrappy. I have now come to the point where I have sewn these 9 patches together, by colour, into groups of 36. They do look so pretty together!

I have four more blocks set aside that I didn't have room to put on my design wall. That leaves me one 36 patch block short if I decide on a 5 x 5 layout. I have pulled out enough 2.5" blue squares from my scrappy bins to make the last block but.....I am not too sure if I want a square quilt. I have the option to go with a 4 x 6 layout which just might suit me better.  I think I should hold off making the extra block for now - if I do need it I have everything in place to make it.

I still need to cut the white strips for the sashing that goes between the blocks and I have to decide if I will be adding a border treatment.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

What ever you decide this quilt is going to be very bright and happy. Love sis

Terry said...

Your rainbow blocks look great! They're so bright and pretty! :0)

canuckquilter said...

I love your rainbow blocks. It's a bit gloomy here today and that burst of colour perked me right up.

Grit said...

Wonderful your rainbow blocks.

Julierose said...

Really love that rainbow quilt--it'll be so pretty all done--wow--2 yrs...you are patient!! Hugs, Julierose

Sheila said...

Oh my. Looking good! I love it.

Manuela said...

Your rainbow blocks looks so great.

Greetings, Manuela

Cathy said...

Won't that be fun to snuggle under on a dark and dreary winter day!

Deb A said...

Beautiful! I love how this one is coming along.