Tuesday, October 8, 2013

More Progress

 
Kathlene's quilt has made it to the flimsy stage and I love it! I worked on adding the borders yesterday and I only needed to add the last top and bottom border this morning. I sewed them on but didn't look at the stitching until I was pressing it. I happened to flip the quilt over a bit when I was pressing and I saw that my stitching on the bobbin side was terrible.

I took the quilt back to the machine and checked everything over and found that the upper thread was wrapped around the needle threader. When I used the machine this morning I had to rethread it before I could start and I guess I just got the thread caught where it shouldn't have been. It was no problem to just run the top through the machine and resew the seams.




I still need to piece the backing fabric and then this baby will be ready for quilting. I have already cut the binding and just have to piece the strips together.

I don't have a name for this quilt yet - I hope something comes to me soon.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful again. One of my favorites. So many wonder pattern/designs within this quilt. You also know that I love greens and purples. Kathlene is going to have a great big smile on her face when she see this beauty!

Terry said...

It's beautiful! :0)

Quiltbenaco said...

Fantastico!!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous...it just sparkles!

audrey said...

Very pretty! So glad that you caught the thread problem now instead of when you were ready to sandwich the quilt.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Soooo Gorgeous!

Grit said...

So, So wonderful.