Monday, October 14, 2013

Midget Block #87 - Tempting Tulip


I am so happy with the way this block turned out. My hand applique is getting much better and I don't feel quite so fumble fingered when I do it. I had not attempted applique until I started working on these midget blocks, and my Dear Jane blocks as well, and I can see the improvement each time I complete a new applique piece.

My little circle on top of the flower turned out so well. I had been having trouble with making my circles round so I purchased the Perfect Circle templates by Karen Kay Buckley and I think that has helped tremendously. It really does help to start out with a circle that is an actual circle...when I would make my own circle templates they were never quite round!

From this picture you can see that I use up lots of scrappy bits and pieces.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

7 comments:

laurajane said...

Well done,it's really lovely.x

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sweet!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb A said...

Great job! That one was a fun one to make. Great color choices.

audrey said...

Very sweet block! It does feel good when you can see and feel the difference in your applique.:)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

What a cute tulip! Great job! Love the purple fabrics your chose. Love sis

Cathy said...

My mouth is hanging open in awe and I'm drooling a little. I can barely applique a big piece adequately! Oh, and tulips in any form are always nice.