Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Midget Block #81 - Windflowers

Aligning the applique pieces
This block is just so adorable in person! I opted for doing a combination of hand applique and machine piecing and I worked on it over a few days. I would pick it up to do the hand applique while I was sitting around watching TV. I just love the purple fabrics that I used - two of them are from scraps of fabric that I used in quilts for other family members.

I probably could have done a better job with the alignment when I machine pieced it but I am okay with it. I think that once the block is in the quilt and it gets washed then all of the edges of the applique will soften and blend better.


When I look at it close up, I can see the applique block that I worked on one evening without good light. Just a little bit of trivia that I might remember at some point long after the quilt is finished and being enjoyed!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

These blocks are all so cute, but this one especially.Just how midget are they?

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a really fun little block...just so sweet!

audrey said...

Very sweet block! Your little bit of trivia will be a funny memory. It's called the human touch.:)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really a cute block! I love that purple feathery fabric too! Great job! Love sis

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love your thought that how the edges will soften and blend better after watching ... that's my mantra on the storm at sea that I'm currently quilting! I paper pieced it, but I still had a time of sewing the blocks together. :-o