Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kathlene's Quilt


This quilt top is coming along very nicely and I am so happy with the way it looks - it is so pretty. I spent part of yesterday and a big part of today piecing all of the blocks into a top. I always try to avoid using pins but in this case I needed to pin every point and every intersection. Even then I have a few spots that aren't sharply aligned but it turned out pretty darn good anyway. It always takes so long to pin and sew and then pin and sew some more but this top really needed that kind of attention and is totally worth all of that extra work. 

My next step is to put on sort of border treatment. I really do want to use the floral print and I do have plenty left so I am hoping that it will work!

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous! So much movement in this design.

Deb A said...

Stunning! I love how this is coming along.

audrey said...

Beautiful work! I always have to use pins unless I'm doing improv. Hope your fabric works in the border for you!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This quilt top is so beautiful. Kathlene is going to just love it. I know you are bring it today so I can see it. Cannot wait! Love the colour in this quilt and the fabric choices are perfect. Love sis

Cathy said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! And you've really motored right along getting it done, too. Great job.

Grit said...

This quilt is really fantastic!!! I`m looking forward to see your quilting.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love that quilt ... the pattern and the colors ... yum! I did a lot of garment sewing before I started quilting ... so pinning is ingrained. Even with pinning, I still have some struggles getting everything to line up as well as I'd like. ;-)